Over the past weeks, Microsoft and partners like Redspire have mobilised global and UK teams to support communities and organisations affected by the COVID-19 crisis. Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform teams are working closely with organisations on the front lines of the crisis—including financial services organisations, governments, healthcare providers, not-for-profits, and schools and universities. We are also focusing efforts to ensure business communities have the digital capabilities to maintain business continuity and stability, while keeping employees safe and healthy.
We are hearing from organisations across industries and around the world that have an immediate need for cloud solutions to rapidly respond to quickly changing needs using custom apps and automated solutions, support remote workers, and engage customers in need. We are providing offers and support to rapidly ramp up in these areas:
Coordinate and automate emergency responses
Microsoft Power Platform was designed to empower everyone, regardless of their technical ability, to collaborate and solve problems fast. The idea that rapid, valuable innovation can come from virtually anywhere drives our development of the Power Platform, and the realisation of that idea has never been more impactful than in this time of crisis. The Power Platform team is currently supporting urgent deployments for first responder organisations, government agencies, schools and universities, and other essential service providers including the release of two Power Platform solutions to enable customers to coordinate information and resources in times of crisis, and a Microsoft Power Virtual Agents bot to manage crisis response.
- Healthcare Emergency Response Resource Tracking—the Power Platform team worked with a US hospital to create apps and dashboards to provide visibility into available beds and supplies like masks and ventilators. Any healthcare provider can now implement the Emergency Resource Tracking solution to manage emergency responses and equipment inventories, beds and staffing needs, and emergency leaders can leverage the decision support dashboard to make decisions. Read more about the solution and get the full instructions to implement it.
- Crisis Communications—a low-code solution that combines Microsoft Power Apps, Microsoft Power Automate, Microsoft Teams, and SharePoint to coordinate information sharing and team collaboration in response to evolving conditions. Employees can report a work status and make requests, and admins can use the app to push updates, news including RSS feeds from the World Health Organization (WHO), The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or local UK authorities, and emergency contacts to different locations—all accessible on the web, mobile, or in Teams. Read more about the solution and get instructions to implement it.
- Power Virtual Agents Crisis Response Bot—the Power Virtual Agents team has released instructions to build Virtual Agent Crisis Response FAQ Bot that helps people get to the information they need quickly in a chat interface you can embed on any website. For example, a Crisis FAQ bot can help you address questions that employees are frequently asking, freeing time for managers to focus on other priorities.
Help contact centres support unprecedented demand
The global pandemic is straining service centres everywhere, with a massive uptick in call volumes, further complicated by many agents working remotely. With omnichannel capabilities for Dynamics 365 Customer Service, contact centre employees can provide consistent, personalised support while working remotely. Organisations are taking advantage of the ability to gain insights into case volume topics, ensure agents are properly distributed across channels, and quickly deploy chatbots that are trained to respond to the highest volume of inquiring questions while providing consistent levels of personalised support.
Microsoft and partners can also:
- Help retail business continuity
- Keep first-line workers connected to experts
- Ensure educators and students are connected.
To empower organisations to take advantage of the solutions above, Microsoft are making Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Apps portals and Power Virtual Agents available for a free six-month product offer, that includes all premium capabilities for customers in the healthcare, education, not-for-profit, and government sectors. Qualifying conditions apply.
Reach out for assistance
We’re here to support you during the global health crisis. Please contact Redspire on 0845 226 8170 or email us at email@example.com for specific guidance to help you solve or signpost you to the right partner to meet your business-critical challenges.
Original article can be viewed at: https://cloudblogs.microsoft.com/dynamics365/bdm/2020/03/26/resources-and-support-for-our-global-customers-impacted-by-covid-19/