Three key waves dominated 2020 and continues into 2021. Along with the Covid-19 Pandemic and Brexit, digital transformation has taken centre stage as companies had to adapt to new ways of working and embrace, at pace, the new ways their customers and employees were interacting with their business. 2021 is the year companies need to further ramp up their transformation strategies.
Our team has been driving transformation with our customers quickly and securely this year, BUT what do they personally love about Dynamics 365 and Power Platform?
We caught up with a few members of the Redspire team to find out what gets them excited about the technology.
- “I love the D365 Sales Insights capabilities, but specifically I love the new visual view of opportunity pipeline, which is a prime example of Microsoft’s continuations investment in the Dynamics 365 Sales Insights capability. – Tamara Phelan, Head of Sales
- “Power Automate is what excites me I’m probably not in the minority here. I think most people that come across Power Automate end up taking a huge liking to the technology. I love Power Automate because it’s literally as though the possibilities to automate daily tasks are endless! I’ve used Power Automate to create intense and complex validation algorithms to make business processes more efficient for our clients, and I’ve also used it to quickly set my out of office before starting annual leave. Those are two very different ends of the spectrum! This year, I’m excited to get some time to explore the capabilities of Power Automate Desktop and gain more familiarity with some connectors I haven’t used before so I can bring more value to the clients we work with!” – Ross McGhee, Consultant
- “For me, it has to be the ability to drive insights and branded visual reporting. The market-leading analytical platform Power BI is something I’m excited about, it can allow organisations to build and lead a data-driven culture. All users are given the power to turn data into insightful branded visualisations from a variety of data sources in real time, driving quick and informed decision-making whilst also bringing the data to life”. – Helen Murphy, Marketing and Partner Relations Manager
- “I love the ability to visually gain insights with Dynamics 365 Dashboards these are easy to create, visually appealing and allow you to drill-down on the data displayed to obtain even greater insights! – Conor Brady, Marketing and Business Development Executive
- “Low-Code Capability. I love that D365 & PP can be developed without being required to know any coding languages, meaning that applications can be developed by people who understand business processes.” – Iain Kennedy, Solution Specialist
- “I like Power Apps, it brings a no code, or low-code to a development environment. This can make building applications simpler. There are a number of Canvas Apps and Power Automate templates that can be implemented as they are or enhanced and tailored to fit the business needs.” – Colette Rodgers, Consultant
- “My favourite feature is Power Automate. It can automate many different processes from something very simple to something very complex. It also empowers users to connect to a wide variety of data sources without being an expert in API development.” – Josh Reeves, Senior Consultant
- “Invoicing Capabilities! My favourite aspect of D365 is the invoicing capabilities which allow our project management office the ability to create, edit and send invoices to our partners. Powerful reporting also allows the team, in conjunction with the finance department, to drill down to view the current status and track any outstanding invoices.” – Greg Tierney, Project Coordinator
- “Along with quite a few of my colleagues, it has to be Power Automate. It provides endless possibilities to automate and enhance systems without coding knowledge.” – Ewelina Bredzinska, Junior Consultant
- “I love Power Apps Portals! You don’t need coding to be able to create a cool website that can interact with all the different parts of Dynamics 365 and the Power Platform such as CRM and Power Automate.” – Sohail Rafiq, System Support Analyst
Find out more about what’s happening at Redspire and how we’re helping businesses connect their data, people and processes, build competitive advantage and shape their digital transformation. Visit our blog page or have a read of a few of our customer stories for more information.
Incremental Group accelerates its position in the UK financial services market with acquisition
- Glasgow based Redspire is one of the leading providers of CRM solutions to financial services in the UK
- The combined group becomes one of the largest Microsoft Dynamics partners in the UK
- Incremental’s FY21 H1 revenue is up more than 10%, gross margin up 5 points, and EBITDA up by more than £1m on same period last year
- Incremental continues its journey to achieve revenues of £60m and 500 employees by 2023
- Strong organic growth will be bolstered with further complementary acquisitions
Digital technology services provider, Incremental Group, has acquired Glasgow based Redspire in a deal that accelerates Incremental’s position in the financial services market and makes the organisation one of the largest Microsoft Dynamics partners in the UK.
The combined group now has run rate revenues exceeding £20m and 180 employees across the UK. Redspire will continue to operate as an autonomous business within Incremental.
Redspire provides Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM and Power Platform solutions to financial service providers and works with customers including Virgin Money and Beazley Insurance.
Discussing the acquisition, Neil Logan, CEO of Incremental said: “I am delighted that despite the pandemic our market continues to grow, the pace of change is accelerating in businesses and the scale of transformation projects we are seeing is increasing. Microsoft and our customers are increasingly looking to work with larger but agile partners who can better deliver for and support them. The acquisition of Redspire strengthens our ability to do this.”
Billy Lyle, Managing Director at Redspire said: “We’re excited to continue on our growth journey, delivering real value for our customers now and in the future. Financial Services is showing real resilience and determination, with transformation key to building adaptability and innovation. Joining with Incremental provides Redspire with access to additional resources and expertise. Redspire is extremely well placed for an exciting future, it’s a great opportunity for everyone involved.”
Incremental helps public sector, not for profit and commercial organisations digitally transform with Microsoft technologies. It is in the top 1% of Microsoft Dynamics partners worldwide, and also provides Microsoft Power Platform, Modern Workplace, Azure and data services. Its customer base includes Admiral, Little Greene Paint & Paper and the NHS. With a growing customer base in public sector, not for profit, manufacturing and professional services, Incremental is also increasingly seeing success in the financial services market, which this acquisition further accelerates.
Incremental Group was launched in November 2016 by a group of Scottish technology industry executives. It is backed by private equity from Dunedin.
Simon Rowan, Partner at Dunedin, commented: “The acquisition of Redspire is an important milestone in Incremental’s buy and build strategy. The company is committed to offering its customers the highest quality range of services, and this customer service philosophy very much underpins the acquisition. The strategies of both companies are closely aligned, which will allow Incremental to continue to increase its scale and market reach, particularly in the financial services sector.”
Incremental’s FY20 revenue was £13.2m, with a normalised pro forma EBITDA of £0.9m. Business performance has been strong throughout the pandemic resulting in further growth and improved profitability through the current financial year. Comparing H1 FY21 (April – September 2020) with H1 FY20 (April – September 2019), revenue was up more than 10%, gross margin up 5 points and EBITDA up by more than £1m returning a double-digit EBITDA margin.
The group is targeting £60 million revenue by 2023, a workforce of more than 500 and plans further acquisitions over the next couple of years. Neil Logan said: “While we are focused on continuing to drive strong organic growth, we are working to identify further value accretive acquisitions as part of our buy and build strategy.”
As their legacy Dynamics system approached end of life/support, Martin Currie Investment Management Ltd required a new CRM system to support their global Sales, Marketing and Business Development front office, who operate in disparate time zones. The project was deployed in two phases.
- Migrate and upgrade to dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement
- Implement and integrate Dynamics 365 for Marketing
Stability, maximised efficiencies and a simple UX were key requirements, as well as the ability to augment existing systems and provide teams with a single customer view. The project sought to future proof digital infrastructure and processes and end reliance on a single system, available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year in all time zones.
Redspire’s approach was to rebuild Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement, hosted by Microsoft online. Microsoft Dynamics 365 Marketing to provide an integrated digital marketing suite. Out the box functionality was maximised with customisations and configurations, rather than development, to remove any dependencies on specific partners going forward. Furthermore, this approach allowed Martin Currie to leverage existing Office 365 Licenses using the out the box integrations to Outlook, SharePoint and PowerBI.
Redspire’s approach was based upon sound, proven methodologies that ensured the new Dynamics 365 system and integrations were built precisely to the client’s needs. The project’s digital and data infrastructure not only achieved Martin Currie key outcomes, but provided the perfect foundation for the future continuous digital improvement that the business sought.
Business Outcome Highlights
- System stability: The global sales teams can reply on a secure and stable cloud based system that is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year in all time zones.
- Significant cost savings per annum: In just three months’ post Go-Live, Martin Currie Investment Management Ltd report significant annual savings attributed to support costs and zero system downtime.
- Additional cost savings and productivity gains: A user-friendly, unified system with established and connected processes to help attract, acquire, on-board and manage customers and their interactions.
- Resource efficiencies: No more manual updates.
- Connected sales, marketing and BD teams: Data is more accessible and dashboards shareable on the core system and by email. Dashboards are easy to build with no manual reporting required.
- Integrated email and CRM: Automations mean nothing is missed and improved succession planning.
- Automated RFP request and tender process
- Adoption and confidence: Improved team confidence in new, slick systems and processes
- No manual updates required: Dynamics twice yearly wave releases provide access to the very latest features and capabilities without any manual oversight or updates.
- Informed business decisions: Improved MI and capabilities for qualitative analysis have allowed business decisions to be made quicker.
“Our analysis and scoping led us to Dynamics 365. It offers more features available out the box, was customisable to current and future needs and suited our wider technology suite. Microsoft then recommended Redspire as a technology partner for implementation. Apart from understanding the scope of work, they were stand out partner in terms of approach and rapport. They didn’t try to oversee or overdevelop the project, they listened carefully and met our requirements.
Redspire’s approach and turnaround was efficient and effective. During implementation, updates and progress reporting were daily and structure. Communication was good and I was aware of progress at every stage. They’re a great client facing consultancy with strong people. The weekly project call and status report gave me really useful insight to share with the key stakeholders and financial teams too”
Martin Currie Investment Management Limited is a global organisation that offers asset management, equities, securities, investment strategies, financial planning and advisory services to customers worldwide. Operating since 1881 with £11.2bn Assets Under Management, the business has 110 employees operating across five global offices.
Their stock-focused approach is driven by in-depth fundamental research and skilled portfolio construction. Martin Currie’s key goals are to gain a holistic view of investment companies and an insight into their culture to build an understanding of material risks and opportunities develop conviction in ideas, and deliver differentiated client outcomes.
Martin Currie Investment Management Limited is a Specialist Investment Manager of Franklin Resources, Inc. which has Assets Under Management totalling US$1.4 trillion (as of 30th June 2020).
“The project was delivered on time, it restored system dependability and increased confidence across our sales and commercial teams in multiple geographies. A key objective was removing reliance on a single system and partner. Dynamics has solved that for us.
The team now spend more time on qualitative data analysis and access data much easier, thanks to improved visual reporting and MI capabilities. We have such great visibility now on workflow and can manage resource effectively. We’re actively using every capability the solution offers, to the huge benefit of the business.”
In recent months. Financial Services organisations have seen a years’ worth of digital transformation for every month that’s passed (Satya Nadella). Redspire and Microsoft are working together to deliver transformation in the sector, from remote teamwork, connected operations and critical cloud infrastructure to sales, marketing and customer service.
The intelligent office is the future of Investment Management. Download our Sales Professional Guide to Dynamics 365 to find out how machine learning and AI can drive automations, or read more on the power platform.
Redspire is a Microsoft Gold Partner with strong capabilities in Financial Services. We’ve worked on the biggest operational challenges facing the industry today. From Business Banking improvements at VirginMoney and business automations at Beazley Insurance to client and stakeholder engagement at Money and Pensions Service. Our expertise in Dynamics 365 and the Power Platform helps our clients unify operations quickly, deliver transformative projects that solve business pain and future proof for all scenarios.
We’re delighted to bring you another one in our interview series with Microsoft as this week our Head of Sales Tamara Phelan chats to Microsoft Business Applications Specialist Richard Gaster about process automation, simplifying data and more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT_V4VhNlZE
The Garment Factory
10 Montrose Street
133-137 Alexandra Road,