When the developer team aren’t deep in Redspire client work, we’re usually found over at the Virtual Power Group (VPG) developing our technical skills and growing our network. The VPG is a Community Forum for Power Platform and Dynamics 365 users of all levels to come together to share knowledge and best practice.
Staying on top of the ever changing platform and their twice yearly updates is a mammoth effort. Lucy’s session gave us a major leg up, with her run through of the features coming to the stack from October onwards.
There are two major releases of functionality to the Microsoft stack in a given year. One in April (Wave 1) and one in October (Wave 2). You can opt in to these features early, or preview in a trial instance. Though please note, once applied it cannot be removed so exercise caution. For existing implementations, it is advised to apply in a Sandbox environment and test that your solutions are not negatively affected by any conflict with new (or potentially retired) functionality. If you want support with this, reach out to a VPG Admin to discuss.
These major release waves do not launch all this new, cool shiny stuff immediately in to your environment – though there will be some. October 1st marks the beginning of the release wave and this functionality is launched – some elective – landing over the coming months up to the next release wave in the following April/October.
During her session, Lucy gave us a fantastic introduction to Power Apps for Teams and a rundown of the major highlights. Some of these were showcased in real-time alongside announcements at Ignite, adding a little extra excitement.
Here’s my highlights from across the main products:
- Mobile Experience Changes
- Forecasting and Gamification
- Usability enhancements
- Sales Insights Updates
- Natural Language Segment Editor
- Enhanced Customer Journey Canvas
- Form Submission Enhancements
- Improved Email Customization
- and more…
- Agent Productivity Dash (Multi Session Experience)
- Omnichannel for Customer Service
- Integrated Insights with Built In AI
- Native Call Functionality in Omnichannel Framework
- Insights Dashboard
- Customer Voice Survey Integration
- Proactive Service Delivery
- Scheduling experience improvements
- Technician Success and mobile app enhancements
- CDS Integration improvements and various Cross App Capabilities
- Document and Electronic reporting enhancements
- Major updates to SCM
- PayPal Integration for Commerce
- And upgrade path plan for PSA to Proj Ops
- AAD Integration enhanced
- CDS Integration with Skills, Certificates, Performance and Benefits
- Teams Self Service GA and further enhancements
Power Apps and Power Automate
- Power Virtual Agents available within Power Apps Portals
- PCF control support in Power Apps Portals
- LOADS of RPA Capabilities in Power Automate (direct quote)
- Power Automate Visual in Power BI
This is a session that I’ll not only watch again but be recommending to colleagues and clients to stay ahead of the tsunami of features scheduled to land this October. Watch the replay below.
As ever, I’m so excited to be working in this field where, as it was said on the call tonight, “change is the only constant”.